View Single Post
      08-20-2012, 02:21 PM   #12
C ///M
First Lieutenant

Drives: '07 X3 M-Sport

Garage List
Sorry i wasn't clear with my first post, but it doesn't matter since I misunderstood anyway. I thought you didn't have the headers yet, since only the review of the Exhaust was up. I figured you were saving the headers spot for when you got them, but you did exhaust what I would have thought which was logical and take care of the exhaust all together.

Hope that clears up what i was thinking.

Definitely great job with the installation and review. It's not quite the same, but the rasp is very similar to the E46 M3 with certain aftermarket exhausts. The U.S. E46 M3 rasped like hell from the factory, but it wasn't too loud. Some guys that threw on some aftermarket mufflers amplified it quite a bit.

If you don't like the rasp, I highly recommend one of SuperSprints straight flow-through design resonators (I might actually have one for sale in the somewhat near future, for cheap since I cut the connecting pipes which would probably work best for you since you just want the resonator. You could easily weld in a quick release/exchange setup so you can swap the resonator in/out in minutes).

You might also consider an X-pipe or maybe even trying to find a used UUC Rasp-X type setup for the E46 M3 and scavenge it for parts...

Nice work though!
Prototype 2007 Monaco E83 'X3M' | N54T Swap | Gruppe M CF CAI | FMIC, DPs, CP, & Dual Oil Coolers TBD | Dual 2.5" Piping w/X-Pipe | M3 Rear Exhaust | 20" BC Forged HB05S | Michelin PSS 275 & 305 | F10 M5 & F30 M Brakes | KW Variant 2 | H&R Sways | BMW Performance Grills w/Tri-Color | Custom M Body Treatment | CF Trim | M Performance Carbon Shift & Handbrake Knobs | BMW Performance SS Pedals | M3 Dead Pedal | V1 Hardwired | Int LEDs | Umnitza Orion v4 AE & More