View Single Post
      08-24-2012, 05:41 PM   #6
Detailed Image
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: Detailed by Detailed Image

I'll outline some of my favorite products for these steps. We offer 10% off with the code e90post, or free shipping on orders over DIFREE.

Wash and Dry
Most swirls come from this process so be sure to use good technique and quality products. If you need to upgrade your products check out these kits:
DI Packages Washing and Drying Basic Kit
DI Packages Washing and Drying Starter Package

Clay Bar
Helps deep clean the paint.
DI Packages DI Gentle Fine Grade Clay Bar 100g & Clay Lube

Polish
This is the step where you actually remove the swirls for good and restore that like new shine again! A buffer is a huge help here as it can more thoroughly work in the polish and really get maximum results. If interested in picking up one the Porter Cable 7424XP Random Orbital Buffer is a completely safe and easy to use tool that will greatly improve your results. I'd recommend a two step polishing combination to really make the paint pop!
Meguiar's Ultra-Cut Compound M105 - Lake Country Orange Light Cutting Pad 2x
Meguiar's Ultra Finishing Polish M205 - Lake Country White Polishing Pad 2x

If you are not interested in a buffer or if it's not within your budget then just pick up the M205 listed above and apply that by hand with a foam applicator and medium pressure. Please don't pick up a cheap buffer because their pads/bonnets are not often good on the paint and the power is not enough to work the polish in.

Sealant
Protect the shine and enhance it!
Blackfire Wet Diamond with Polycharger - Lake Country Blue Fine Finishing Pad 1x

Interior
303 Cleaner & Spot Remover is what I use on the carpets and vinyl throughout. For the leatherette and leather surfaces I love the Leatherique Prestine Clean and Leatherique Rejuvenator Oil combo. It can be used on brand new seats and neglected seats, the only difference is the older seats may just need a bit more product.

Hand remove all of these products with CLEAN microfiber towels. I highly recommend picking up about 5x - 10x DI Microfiber All Purpose Towel.

If you have any questions please check out our detailing guide or ask me I'd be happy to help!

Greg @ DI