I recently tore off my lip at a track event.
dug into the dirt and, "bye, bye!" lip n splitter.
This is now the second/third time i've replaced the lip.
Went to Long to get a replacement and sure enough
mod father pulls out an mtech front bumper with a
polyurethane lip attached to it - wah, PU?!
"Hey i have a new lip from vollkommen designs, wanna
road test it?"
I was looking at the production piece and
fitment was spot on, material was polyurethane!, the flex
was incredible, felt very durable and light.
I was game, hell yah, i'll road test it.
The install took me 10min, no joke.
double sided tape on the lower inner mouth, 6 self taping screws
on the bottom - done. The piece is so light, and flexible.
previous design, it took some work. - The alignment
of the lower mouth would need to be messed with
for perfect fitment. If you didn't take it to a shop that
knew how to install it, that portion would have a gap
or lift higher above the mtech mouth. I've gone through
3 lips already from different vendors and I like the PU version
and fitment from this lip.
I like to say this is very DIY friendly. So far on the freeway
no flapping at high speeds. Also because it's PU no worries
with rock chips - PU makes such a difference.
I took some picts, don't mind my front bumper, paint is scuff'd
up from the track, I need to repair it.
here's the lip
fitment looks great even on my recently abused front bumper.
this area usually can be problematic
if not installed correctly - with this lip it went
on clean - the PU helps because of the flex.
from a far
u can notice slight damage from my mtech on the
left, paint scratches.
even further. - best part, don't have to worry bout
rock chips, bounces right off. My first lip turn'd into swiss
cheese in less than 2 month from daily driving.
thanks Mod Father