Originally Posted by DiscoMike
How long would it require to update the NAV using these DVDs?
Does it require that the car remain on while the NAV is being updated?
And how does one tell what version of the maps are installed on their current Navigation System?
Thankfully, I still have my Garmin Nuvi, in case the NAV cannot be used during the update process - which I imagine it would not.
Man I hope to get my BIMMER this week!!!
With the CCC navigation it actually uses the DVD as the navigation so you don't update it. To see what you have right now just hit the eject button on the bottom cd insert the one that says DVD. The DVD always stays in the slot. So to put a new one in or go from east to west takes like 10 minutes max.
Thanks to crzylildude for this cause I didn't want to type this out lol.
HOW TO SWITCH YOUR OLD DVD WITH A NEW DVD PROPERLY:
- First bring your car out in an open area (no obstruction above)
- While your car is running (i mean while the engine is running) eject the old DVD, after that it should say “please insert dvd”...
- Insert new DVD into your drive as instructed and it should say (NEW DVD VERSION. PLEASE SHUT DOWN SYSTEM AND RESTART AFTER 5 MINUTES)... make sure you shut down your sustem, leave your car and take the keys with you for 5 minutes)
- After 5 minutes get back to your car and restart your engine... your NAV should bootup automatically
- If you are in the Eastern Region, you should be using the EASTERN DISC... If you insert the Western Disc it will bootup but it will not show you any map or direction... It will show you an empty screen with just the sky on the very top... Likewise If you are in the Western Region do not expect the Eastern Disc to show you map and direction...