View Single Post
      08-28-2012, 09:53 PM   #1158
Darkcyd_Turbo
"Booty Hole Bandit"

Drives: 2008 Montego E92 335xi

Send a message via AIM to Darkcyd_Turbo Send a message via Yahoo to Darkcyd_Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by jafza412
Hello Wisconsinites. My wife and I are going to be moving to Madison from Houston, TX in November/December of this year and just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Jamil and I drive a 2010 e92 335i. Looking forward to meeting you folks at some point in time. I attached a few pics of my car if anyone cares to see.

Down here in Houston we have a pretty tight e9x community and started a facebook page which has made it very easy to banter and coordinate meets. Does the Madison crew have anything similar to that? If not, I don't want to jump in the ring as a noob and start one, but would be more than happy to create a group.

And finally, I am wondering if anyone has any advice on where to live. We will be renting and want to live close to downtown or maybe the Middleton area. A lot of places I have found seem to be older construction or dated, except for ULI properties and they don't have any vacancies (except for their new building). Anyway, any help is appreciated!
Hey bro, nice ride and an early welcome to WI...moving here in November/December is gonna blow because it's the start of our craptastic winters lol.

The Facebook page sounds like a fantastic idea...non of us were motivated or smart to think of it obviously lol. If you haven't noticed by the thread, we are all light hearted and love to pounce on any opportunity to give each other shit.

As for places to live, try to stay on the westside. Downtown will be a tougher situation because the college kids will be here so apartments are semi hard to come by but possible depending on your budget and what you're looking for size wise and amenities and such. East side is meh but improving. There are places off of university ave not too far from downtown that you might find more appealing. PM me if you have any other questions or can help out in any way. Look forward to meeting you soon and good luck with the move!