jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011.75 M3 E92 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixalota View Post
Hi guys,

I am trying to modificate some settings like "miles -> km" and so on. I couldn't find the values in KOMBI, so I modificate the FSW_PSW.TRC file from the initial vehicle backup and flash it back. I am using Windows XP, did every step from NCS_DIY, updated Daten to v.46.1 via BMW coding tool.

Now I am getting following error massage:

(snipped)
It's been said many times here: Do not EVER code your car using the large backup and the Process Car command. That should ONLY be used as a recovery method or if you modify your VO (if you don't know what that means, you don't need it). People have bricked their cars doing what you did.

The fact that an option exists in your full car trace does not mean your car will actually accept that option. The full car trace contains EVERY option supported by the version of the software you have, which is used on SEVERAL car models with SEVERAL option configurations, whereas the configs in individual modules have only the options that are valid for YOUR car with YOUR option setup.
11 M3 E92 Le Mans | Black Nov w/ Alum | 6MT | Premium 2 | Convenience | 19" | EDC | Prem Audio | Moonroof | BMW Apps | Yoko AD08 R | Vorshlag Adjustable Camber Plates | StopTech ST-60 380mm BBK | Castrol SRF Fluid | ModMyNav.com rear camera | OEM Euro Sunglasses Holder