View Single Post
      08-31-2012, 08:42 AM   #1686
Detailed Image
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

Drives: Detailed by Detailed Image

Quote:
Originally Posted by softy180 View Post
Hi Greg,
Wondering if you can share your thoughts. I have a black sapphire 135i and have cleaned up the paint using menzerna 2500 on orange and SF4000 on white and then sealed. All swirls are gone and the finish looks great however there are a couple of RIDS that I can't seem to get out. They are only visible under certain light etc but they are annoying me. What do you recommend on getting them out.
Cheers Harry
Harry,

Glad to hear overall the detailing went well. You certainly can remove those deeper imperfections in most instances however it may not be worth the time and effort though. This is particularly true with many of the black BMW's because it seems to be such a difficult finish to work with for those who want perfection. To remove them you'd need to use a more aggressive combo which creates more haze which can be challenging to remove. You could try using the SF 2500 with purple foamed wool pad or a surbuf pad but you'll need to follow that up with SF 2500 (orange pad) and then the SF 4000 and a white or black pad. If the SF 2500 is not enough then I'd suggest the M105 with an orange pad or you could go all the way up to the Surbuf R Series MicroFingers Buffing Pads. This would help get rid of the majority of the fine imperfections, if they are any deeper a rotary polishing or a light wet sand would probably be the next step. Again my concern is with the black BMW paint it's generally harder to remove haze left over from these more aggressive steps. If you do try any of these please make sure you use them on a small section first before doing the whole vehicle. Good luck!

Greg @ DI
Detailed Image is offline   United_States