View Single Post
      08-31-2012, 03:57 PM   #31
RON1X
Colonel

Drives: 997.2 C2, '13 Audi Allroad

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [4.50]
I'm surprised at such astonishment by so many members on here. Apple's design and marketing campaigns (often in a subliminal way) are quite interesting. Indeed, I remember reading an interesting marketing research paper that discussed how the white earbuds were, in fact, Apple's way of physically differentiating its product from everyone elses. There were hardly any manufacturers making the white earbuds at the time, so it was a way of showing everyone you had an apple iPod without having to physically display see it. It was a form of free advertising that was "cool." Along with their white iPod, the color white itself became a brand identification.

Apple, love them or hate them, takes a lot of time prior to launching a product (obviously). It completely follows that BMW, a company founded on passion of design and performance, would be inspired by their products.

If anything, I wouldn't think that BMW designers saying that "Apple's white" made white cars cool is that much of an understatement...

[and I'm on a Windows computer typing this]
RON1X is offline   No_Country