09-03-2012, 11:45 AM   #482
Exzackt
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: n54 e92 335i/e39 540i6

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinrock View Post
Did you go with a trunk mount? Any pics? I'm trying to work out how to do a stealth install in the trunk.
I did a trunk mount, against the rear seat wall. Chose this spot because unless you got down or moved back you can't see the tank. Pump is under the carpet in the hole so overall its pretty stealthy. Up front I used the Insultherm heat shielding from howerton engineering so there are no obvious tubes or wires.

I might get a bigger tank because mine is only a 1.5 gallon one and to keep it stealthy I'll have a audio shop install a dumby wall, that would be the best option. Pics to come later after I do some logs first

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMODS View Post
Nice so how did you run it through the fire wall? End up punching a hole?
Yes but I was able to get that impossible push fitting off using a wrench. Made it a lot easier so I didn't have to punch a very big hole. What's nice is that BMW had left a couple of open spots in the firewall just for this purpose (running wires that is)

Last edited by Exzackt; 09-03-2012 at 11:51 AM.