After a great team effort from a bunch of forum members, we coded the last of 5 cars on Sunday to successfully run LCI tail lights error-free without purchasing the HK$2,500 the FRM3 module! It took a fair bit of time and effort to set up the laptop remotely and purchase the right hardware from the States, but once we were up and running it took less than 20 minutes per car!
The coder added a few extra features to our cars as a bonus, and I just want to share the love! I will post a video eventually, except my car is hanging out at the body shop for 4 weeks getting repainted Lambo Balloon White
Here's a list of things we can get done to our E9x's. Since I have everything set up now, it may as well be made available to everyone in HK. PM me if you're interested in getting hooked up.
- Turn off seatbelt chime for driver, passenger or both. You will still get a little red seatbelt light.
Navigation / iDrive:
- Disable iDrive legal disclaimer on startup.
- Enable DVD in Motion
Car Access Related:
- Folding and unfolding the mirrors with the keyfob.
- Allow one touch operation of the driver's window while the door is open.
- Allow remote opening/closing of motorized tailgates on X5, X6, 7 and GT series.
- Double blinking ("euro") emergency lights (2007.25+ only, this works only with the ignition on).
- Turn off cold or hot monitoring for any lights (to remove errors for non-OEM equipment such as LED or HID lights, LCI retrofits.
- Fog lights stay on with high beams or bi-xenon flashing.
- Make the rear fog lights work in tandem with brake lights. Abnormally-bright brake lights!
- Retrofitting LCI taillights on pre-LCI. Get rid of errors and fast blinkers.
- disable angel eye dimming. The AE's will always be at 100%.
-2010+ only. Turn on "Follow me home" lights from a keyfob,
- Disable “key in ignition” gong.
- Add the digital speedometer to non-M cars (V=## mph) in addition to existing options
- Remove the correction on digital speedometer, it'll show the "real" speed but the two speedometers will not match
- Add instantaneous digital MPG to M cars in addition to existing options.
- Turn on EffecientDynamics on cars with manual transmission. Tells you when to switch gears for optimal gas mileage (manual transmission, 2007+ only
- Have the cluster backlight work at all times.
-Adjust low gas warning on M3's from coming on at 1/8th of tank left instead of1/4th