View Single Post
      09-10-2012, 02:00 PM   #5

Drives: 2007 335i Sedan
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Philadelphia

iTrader: (0)

Your friend is not the first person to be relocated to the US for work so this is not a unusual occurrence. Even is he has no history in the US as driver it should be no different than a teen driver and as such his insurance should be about the same as any new driver which is around $1500 to $2000 per year for just liability.

Are you trying to shop the online guys like Progressive or Geico if so try going to one of the major insurance companies with real agents like State Farm or Allstate and see what they say. Go talk to them in person and not do the online thing since this could be a situation which website do not cover. I bet if he had insurance in his home country and not had any claims and can show proof of insurance they will take that into consideration.

Obviously if he driving a very expense car and wants crazy full coverage it will cost a lot.

Last edited by Maestro; 09-10-2012 at 04:08 PM.