09-11-2012, 11:03 PM   #47
QUiKSR20
E90 Apprentice

Drives: 08' E90 328i 6MT

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to QUiKSR20
Quote:
Originally Posted by mob17 View Post
A 1/4 gain sounds ok but maybe set them by ear if you can or a multimeter just so you have some reference points. Hopefully it will sound even better after a retune. Also, now that you have a partially amped system you may find this thread useful http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=709393

Yeah it feels good when you upgrade slowly, makes the whole experience last longer!
I will read the thread even if its just to gain some knowledge!!! Thanks! Currently only the underseats are amp'd ( besides the MS8 running everything else ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by taibanl View Post
In quiks case he only has one pair of amped channels so no need to worry about finding his max on the xd.
Simply use the test me u on ms-8 and level match the dls against the woofers
Gonna level match this weekend and retune if the underseats are distorting or overpowered I will lower the gain.. As a basic config at 1/4 gain ( 9oclock like technic did in another thread ) it sounds
great as is, but that doesnt mean it cannot improve. The E90 install has def been a sweet plug n play affair compared to past installs ive done esp with the harness & battery with distribution block in the trunk already.
89 E30 325is [sold & missed]

Last edited by QUiKSR20; 09-12-2012 at 12:19 AM.
QUiKSR20 is offline   United_States