09-16-2012, 04:26 PM   #9
mspeasl
Sixties Drag Racer
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 Cashmere Silver 528i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 48Laws View Post
I would say, even without knowing you personally, that a large part of your success, if you're actually what some would even consider successful by today's standards, is largely based on timing, luck and association. I would also go a step further and suggests that a person like George Walker Bush,for example, who was by historical reference, a mediocre student grandfathered in at an Ivy League school, an incompetent businessman, and devastating CIC, risen through the ranks to reach such an esteemed position. Was his "success" because of hard work or white privilege? Also, what's the odds of one becoming president just like his daddy? Hard work?
So many of our Presidents did not have a formal education like today and many of them that did were mediocre students at best. Lincoln couldn't even win a debate, but he went on to be one of our greatest Presidents.

Adams family, Roosevelt family and now the Bush family is part of a the family business to these folks. If the Kennedy's had lived they too would have been part of these family business. Each felt love of country and public service is what they should be doing.

Quote:
Was his "success" because of hard work or white privilege?
Now I ask why do you inset race into this thread ? You know its funny that the Repubs are always accused of this, but it seems that the Dems are the ones who bring it up most
1957 - Chevrolet Bel Air 2dr Coupe' Drag Car (2nd Owner since 1964)
1947 - Chevrolet Sport Master Coupe' Street Rod (2nd Owner since 1974)