View Single Post
      09-17-2012, 04:53 AM   #16
Phil325i
Major

Drives: E92 325i MSport Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wissam View Post
After waiting for 6 weeks and 2,000km for the PE muffler to break in, the exhaust note was still muted, so it was time to complete my PE installation by deleting the resonator. Took my car to Scott's Hot Rod shop last Friday and had the resonator delete done...exhaust note is obviously louder now but still very classy...for the benefit of others contemplating similar work, cost wast $250 taxes in for the resonator delete...
Got there in the end Wissam! BTW in answer to the question in your OP, yes, the 'drone damper' should be swapped across from your original muffler to the P/E one. Recently bought a P/E and the dealer kindly copied me the BMW fitting instructions which mentions swapping it over...

BTW the P/E doesn't always come with the resonator delete pipes. It depends on the engine and the market. My (European) 325i has the N53 direct petrol injection engine, and the resonator delete is not possible as that section of the exhaust contains an additional emissions sensor and wiring. Still immensely happy with it though!
E92 pre-LCI 325i - Ohlins R&T; H&R spacers; M3 strut brace; Meyle HD droplinks; BMS clutch stop; BMS CDV; RE g/box mounts; Saikoumichi OCC; K&N; Cyba scoops; RM intake hose; BMW Perf Exhaust; M3 rear spoiler; LED Angels; BMW Perf black grille; CSL reps; SSDD carbon diffuser; Monster Wrap black roof
Phil325i is offline   United Kingdom