View Single Post
      09-17-2012, 04:41 PM   #20
txz4
Major

Drives: 2006 M coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 48Laws View Post
I would say, even without knowing you personally, that a large part of your success, if you're actually what some would even consider successful by today's standards, is largely based on timing, luck and association. I would also go a step further and suggests that a person like George Walker Bush,for example, who was by historical reference, a mediocre student grandfathered in at an Ivy League school, an incompetent businessman, and devastating CIC, risen through the ranks to reach such an esteemed position. Was his "success" because of hard work or white privilege? Also, what's the odds of one becoming president just like his daddy? Hard work?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 48Laws View Post
I'm so pleased you brought those up. Ironically, affirmative action was a necessary reaction to offset the unjust, manipulated placement of non-minorities into positions in which THEY were not themselves necessarily qualified. Moreover, AA today still requires that the beneficiary is qualified first. So, to think unqualified minorities are simply eased on in without first being qualified is another example of racism in and of itself -a double whammy!

But, I think we've digressed enough...

I dont have anything i would be willing to say that would be worth the minimal exertion to type it up. Instead i just wanted to re-post it so everyone can point and laugh at a later date.

Enjoy.