View Single Post
      09-18-2012, 05:32 AM   #13
RagingKileak
Brigadier General

Drives: Modified Alpine White E92 335i

Thanks for all the advice so far chaps.

I have a friend who works for Walon in Doncaster and may be able to cover the labour for nothing. May even get the part at a reduced rate.

I also have a couple of irons in the fire regarding getting a used HPFP from a source which I know to be reliable, or I could just buy one new.

As for coding/fitting - thanks for confirming what I suspected which is that it should be plug and play. I watched the guys at Statlers change my Golf HPFP and it looked fairly easy (of messy) so I'll consider a DIY.

As for fault codes/diagnostics - to be honest my code reader isn't finding anything and from what Doughboy says, it sounds like shag and hassle for what may be nothing.

If I can get it fixed for anything up to say 250 ish I will just bloody do it. That way, if my problems continue I can sell my part as a working/used part for some other poor bugger and I'll only be about 150 worse off I suppose.

DB how long have I got until it starts failing to start do you think?

Thanks again.
Matt

PS - something I've not mentioned is that se of the poor running I experienced during hard driving at the Ring seems to tie in with the other symptoms that are often recorded. Could just be convincing myself of that but there you go.
RagingKileak is offline   United Kingdom