Agent Smith

Drives: 2013 Fusion AWD

Garage List
2007 335i  [3.45]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E3r2E9r View Post
Certainly not a rumor
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=723058
I think the other thread got deleted. I'll try and dig it up. You can be burned from anywhere on the internet.
One thread where the OP admitted it likely wasn't **********s proves that it's "certainly not a rumor"? It would be a new level of stupid if such a large company with a huge reputation would use their own customers' cards to make some random charges.

Not to mention that cards typically get automatically blocked for fraudulent activity based on a suspicious change in usage activity, e.g. charging out of state or in another country, or for $1. A defrauder does this to "test" the card and then make one large purchase later on. **********s would have already known the card is valid, so if they really wanted to use it, wouldn't it more likely show up as a seemingly legit purchase that wouldn't automatically trigger a fraud alert? To me, a hacker would have been more likely to pick up the card and test it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarageKeptE92 View Post
The other threads about them were deleted. They were banned. If you put 2 and 2 together it makes sense. Paying vendors rarely get banned here.
We have no idea what goes on in the background. Being a vendor isn't just a matter of paying dues, they still have to play by the rules, too. If you think about it, there are a lot of vendors that sell a lot of the same things, and sometimes it comes down to who has the best deals or how nicely their threads/websites are done. If one vendor found a way to game the system a little and get more exposure over others, don't you think other vendors who are paying the same would probably complain? If you notice, we do have a vendor section and there must be a reason why 99.9% of advertising remains there and doesn't spill out. And what happens when you ignore warnings? You get banned. Mind you, this is speculation, as I said we have no idea what goes on in the background.