View Single Post
      09-23-2012, 12:14 PM   #10
josephbet01
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: E93 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RentonTDI View Post
Josephbet01 - I'm curious, what year is your car? Your experience is good to hear, in terms of how reliable your car has been.
It's a 2007 328i convertible. Like I said, so far I've given it mid-grade fuel, a set of Continental DWS tires, dealer oil changes every 10k, replaced auto trans fluid, replaced rear diff fluid, replaced power steering fluid, replaced brake fluid, front brake pads and rotors and rear brake pads but reused the original rotors. Did most of that around 70k by myself just for piece of mind and changing fluids is easy. Probably overkill for sure. Wife has a 2000 corolla with 190k and never had any fluids changed - just walmart oil every 5k. Runs great.

Currently with about 140k miles I'm getting 28mpg hwy. It's ready for rear brakes again, brake fluid, spark plugs, auto trans fluid, belt, air filter, and diff fluid. I'll do the brakes and fluids myself and let the dealer monkey with the belt and plugs.

I commute 140 miles a day round trip from York PA to Columbia MD at roughly 75mph. Other than gas, tires, oil, fluids and brakes I don't put anything into it. No electrical issues. No mystery noises. I bought mine with 17k miles on it back in Aug 2009.

It's a solid car. Keep all your fluids fresh and you won't have any surprises.