View Single Post
      09-23-2012, 05:27 PM   #10
Major General
Hotcoupe's Avatar
United Kingdom

Drives: Don't know yet!
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: UK

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Originally Posted by kaishang View Post
HMRC require you to declare it. There is a requirement to fill in a self-assessment form as the others have said.

I'm guessing that HMRC probably would not find out if they did not declare the income, but that is their choice.
I'd tell your friend that when filling out the self assessment form to put his occupation down as a member of parliament.
HMRC, will see that (MP) and ignore everything else on the form and issue your friend with a tax rebate,and set up a yearly direct credit

Never argue with an idiot on the internet. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.