View Single Post
      09-26-2012, 09:46 AM   #331
makkan00
Major General

Drives: E91 330D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotcoupe View Post
What interests me Makka (apart from whether the software will work) is whether having the software upgraded will remove my 'enhanced' map,and return it to the stock map?

I've read recently of an X5 owner who's car was kept overnight,which to me sounds like a long time for a software upgrade if it just focuses on the security.
Will you be able to find out from the files you have, whether it will have an impact for those with enhanced maps?

Cheers in advance.

Ian, if this software is updated alone (without updating other modules), it should not interfere with your 'enhanced' map as 'enhanced' map is stored somewhere else.

However BMW has a tendency to update 'all modules' together. And if that is what they are going to do (which I highly doubt it due to the amount of BMWs coming to them for this update), then unfortunately people may loose their enhanced maps.

There is another challenge for me yet. I need to find out how does this 'blank key clonning' works so I can test 'upgraded software' against that mechanism.

Will update you mate.