View Single Post
      09-26-2012, 07:42 PM   #59
MiddleAgedAl
First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 48Laws View Post
Wow. I never encountered a member so motivated to find an argument out of EVERYTHING he can find a link to. You're all over the place.
How am I all over the place? Scroll backwards. Other posters, not me, brought up his interest in appearing on lots of fluff TV shows (ie: not CNN interviews where important policy discussions occur). I'm not leading the discussion, just continuing to partake as it veers around. That is allowed, you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 48Laws View Post
But that doesn't mean Obama has never attended them.

No, it doesnt mean that he has never attended them. But HIS OWN ALLIES lament his lack of enthusiasm for engaging in the probably unpleasant, yet necessary politicking that happens behind the scenes with Washington insiders, to get things done. Clinton had a family too, but he realized that relationships in Washington are important. It is not staffed with robots. Even in the corporate world, people who are adept at playing the political game in the boardroom achieve more than those who do not. Like it or not, that's how it works.

If he spent less time schmoozing with Jay Leno or Barbara Walters, then at least you could take him at his word that every spare moment he spends trying to be the dad that he never had. But, when he says things like he's too busy trying to carve out family time to nurture political relationships, then you see him every time you turn on the TV, you gotta wonder. It's in his JOB DESCRIPTION to schmooze with John Boehner, as unpleasant as that may be, not to end up knowing the first name of some Entertainment Tonight cameraman.

What does this mean for a possible 2nd term? If he's unwilling (or unable) to jump thru the hoops that all commanders in chief must to keep different parties happy, and that is an established necessity to get congressional progress, then we are in for another 4 more years of gridlock. Hooray.