View Single Post
      09-27-2012, 07:14 PM   #75
MiddleAgedAl
First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKsBimmer View Post
Why are businesses who have raked in massive profits over the last 3 years sitting on a shit ton of cash waiting to see how the election goes?

Steve Wynn the billionaire is a self-professed "Harry Reid-supporting Democrat" (see, 48laws, I used quotes !)

He is one of the captains of industry who employs a LOT of people and is in control of a LOT of money.

Money that could be used to benefit struggling states like Nevada, if it were unleashed. But, he's not spending it.

"I'm telling you that the business community in this country is frightened to death of the weird political philosophy of the President of the United States. And until he's gone, everybody's going to be sitting on their thumbs. Wynn said he could very quickly create 10,000 new jobs himself and with the multiplier effect help create another 20,000 hires in Las Vegas. But like many other business people in both parties he's holding back under the current Democratic Obama administration.

I'm afraid to do anything in the current political environment in the United States."

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/wash...-on-obama.html

Remember, this is from a self-professed Democrat. What about others with a LOT of money also to spend, such as Roger Penske, a long time Republican. Guess what he's doing with his money too. Guess why ?

Obama has already convinced you the pool is safe to swim in, so to speak. That doesnt really matter, unless you also have the kind of might to create 10K new jobs. Without trying to cast any moral judgement, mathematically speaking, Steve Wynns appraisal is more important than yours. Obama needs to convince the Steve Wynn's of the world it's safe to get back in the water, and thus far, he seems to have failed at that. He needs to skip the E.T. appearances, and focus instead on the corporate boardrooms of America to get his message across.