Found it again. Here's my copy-paste of the original poster's copy-paste of the tsb on another forum.
Power Fold Mirror Position Incorrect
E60, E61 (5 Series) equipped with power fold mirrors
E63, E64 (6 Series) equipped with power fold mirrors
E82, E88 (1 Series) equipped with power fold mirrors
E85, E86, E89 (Z4) equipped with power fold mirrors
E90, E91, E92, E93 (3 Series) equipped with power fold mirrors
F01, F02 (7 Series)
One or both mirrors appear to have folded out further than the standard position. The incorrect position of the mirror housing is typically not visually noticeable and as such, the customer typically states that the mirror glass is not in the stored position.
Folding the mirror in and out does not restore the correct mirror housing position.
The mirror has shifted outward from its standard home position. The new position is now stored as the home position.
Do not replace any parts.
Reset the mirror home position using the following procedure.
1. Fold the mirror in using the power fold button on the door switch block.
2. Grasp the folding part of the mirror and fold it outward manually. The mirror housing will disengage from the mirror base and will now be in the breakaway position.
3. Operate the mirror via the power fold button. The mirror will now fold out past the expected end stop.
4. Operate the mirror via the power fold button again to fold the mirror in. When the mirror is fully folded in, the motor will continue to run until a clicking and/or popping sound is heard. This sound is the mirror housing resetting its position.
5. Fold the mirror back out, using the power fold button to ensure it has folded out to the correct position.