Thread: New Motor
View Single Post
      09-29-2012, 03:13 AM   #1
m@rk
Major

Drives: 2014 520D SE

Garage List
New Motor

Some of you may know that I have had rather a lot of issues with the C350 CDI Mercedes that I traded my 335D Touring in for last year.

At last we have reached a conclusion and it has been returned. So on Thursday afternoon I set out to look for a new car for the same sort of money as the Mercedes knowing it was the end of most car dealers sales quarter and looking for something in stock for delivery this weekend. The perfect customer surely.

So my first port of call was BMW but there was simply no stock available of anything with a 3 litre diesel engine in it so i had to move on.

Lots of running around to other garages followed but yesterday I took delivery of this few month old motor:

It's an A7 3.0 TDI Quattro with around 15k of options on it (I think somebody got carried away with the options list)

To early to pass judgement but its certainly a big step up from the C350 or the 335D in terms of refinement and is much more of a long distance cruiser than an ultimate driving machine. Indeed the word big is the first thing that comes to mind when you stand next to it. At 5m long its much bigger than the pictures would have you believe.

I'll let you know how I get on after a month