View Single Post
      09-29-2012, 06:55 AM   #46
Efthreeoh
Brigadier General

Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJtoad View Post
Are you sure they didn't use non-OEM parts? Did you ask? They lost a huge class action lawsuit several years ago for failing to notify customers that they were using aftermarket parts:
A judge in Illinois this week awarded $730 million to State Farm policyholders whose vehicles were repaired with generic replacement parts. This is on top of a $456 million jury award in the same case earlier in the week.

The country's largest auto insurer says it will change the way it does business following that major loss in court. CBS News Consumer Correspondent Herb Weisbaum reports.The company decided Thursday to temporarily suspend the use of "after-market" crash parts. For the time being, State Farm wants repair shops to only use parts made by auto manufacturers. State Farm says it's doing this to eliminate any customer confusion or concern.

Monday, a jury in Illinois ordered State Farm to pay $456 million to past and current policyholders. State Farm cheated its customers by making body shops use cheaper and sometimes inferior copycat parts for crash repairs, the jury decided.
Yes, I'm sure. I checked the parts myself. I know a BMW part when I see one. P/N and Roundel stamp...
Efthreeoh is offline   United_States