View Single Post
      10-01-2012, 08:53 PM   #6
Thp4's Avatar

Drives: 2011 335i msport
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Generally, the law requires that the at fault party is responsible for either 1) the full replacement/current market value of vehicle or 2) cost to place vehicle in pre accident condition plus loss of use of vehicle for the time vehicle out of service. (Understand that this is typically a matter of statue and therefore can vary from state to state. )

So in short, yes, they would generally be required to pay for loss of use of your car for the entire period vehicle is out of service, which could be a monetary amount added to your claim, or a rental car.

Now, if your insurance is covering the damage to your vehicle, then whether or not you are entitled to a rental car would be determined by your insurance contract.