Thread: 5.0 vs n54
View Single Post
      10-02-2012, 09:30 AM   #29
WilliamS
GoofBall

Drives: 2008 E92 N54 Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by smi1gj View Post
oh whatever... if the 5.0 is so bad ass buy one lol.. a new 5.0 in stock trim shouldn't beat a 335i with a tune and some E85 unless the 335i guy can't launch/drive. I haven't seen a stock 5.0 get out of the low 13s at the track here. magazine numbers and examples of FBO 5.0s with tune nitrous and skinnies in the front arent really relevant to the question. put it this way, take your car to the track (not vbox) the real track and see what you run vs the competitors. go a few times ( the busier the better) and you will get a feel for real world scenarios in your area. the 5.0 is an impressive car no doubt , but unless is has quite a bit done to it, I don't even blink at them on the road anymore bcuz like I stated, they are .5 to a whole second slower in the quarter than my car with just tune,dci and E85 mix. when I see them run mid 12s in street trim for 600 dollars in mods, I'll be impressed. WHEN I SEE IT HERE IN SOUTH FLORIDA*
To be fair, new to new. The 335 is more expensive, wont outrun the 5.0 in stock trims and would need more money to catch up. If you really want a magazine race, spend your 50k on a new 335i, then spend the exact same 50k on a 5.0 The car is 36k, add Kenne Bell for 6 more grand. Its still cheaper with 640hp. Thats new to new. As for used, the scenario gets even better for the Mustang. As for bang for the buck, your right, we can strap on over 100hp for less than 500 bucks, another 100hp for another 500 bucks. Still ricer math aside dollar for dollar E9x vs 5.0 Mustang new or used its going to win in a straight line. I work at a Ford dealership, I drive them daily so telling me whats wrong and right about the car is not needed. Fact is that its a very impressive motor, with a low price. As well if you wanna magazine race some more, put a Laguna Seca (55k car) against the M3. You might not want to see the car and driver version of that race.
WilliamS is offline   United_States