View Single Post
      10-05-2012, 01:41 PM   #5
taibanl
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by VP Electricity View Post
So what you're saying is, when the brake pedal is pressed OR when the C/C applies the brakes, and various things happen (most notably the brake lights come on), it affects your left channel?

I would start swapping L and R channels at various places in the signal chain and see when it moves and when it doesn't. I suspect you will find it to be some induced noise associated with the brake lights.
Correct (yes brake lights were already suspect but wanted to throw it out there before tearing things apart). The interesting thing is that this was present in my old configuration, which I completely removed and later reinstalled with the new amps.

It's louder now with more power but wiring to the new stack is completely new . It rarely bothered me before; but now, if I have no music playing before driving off and my foot is on the brake, it drives me nuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
The only way that I can see something like this happening is by the ground connection point being shared between the MS-8 and the tailights.

The "buzz" is the tailights lighting up and the audio picking it up via a weak ground.
I will pull the connector to the tail and check if it remains.

Thanks to both of you for your time and responses