View Single Post
      10-05-2012, 04:43 PM   #4
tsa1
Enlisted Member
Rep

Drives: 08 e90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by techwhiz View Post
What do you mean, "where the two pieces meet"?
Do you mean at the bead between the tire and rim?
If so, yes. A dirty bead area can cause a leak.
I had a car where the shop didn't clean wheel and the bead area leaked like crazy.
I also had a set of two piece ATS wheels that had physical damage but I hit a pothole and put a hairline crack in the barrel of the rim. When I had the shop put the wheel in a tank, they thought it was leaking where the wheel bolted together. That is, until I explained the barrel is one piece nad the face bolts to the barrel with no chance for air leak. They took a closer look. Barrel had a crack.

Anyway, you have multiple places where air can leak and you don't need to see damage.

TPMS is fine, I manually checked the tire over the past week. Stem is fine as well.

The Air seems to be coming from the lip by where the screws/rivets are on the face of the rim and where it meets the barrel. This is where we saw the air bubbles. But like you said it could be something else.
I'm taking it to a shop soon but I have a severe distrust in shops and the closest reputable shop is pretty far. I'll see what this other place says is wrong.