View Single Post
      10-06-2012, 04:56 AM   #1
parapaul's Avatar
United Kingdom

Drives: E91 330d M Sport
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Stoke on Trent

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Question Balanced inputs into 'normal' amplifier?

Anyone help with this? I'm tying myself in knots

With the base HU recoded to HiFi, the outputs are balanced, low level. However, very few amps claim to accept balanced signals, and the ones that do are relatively pricey.

So, assuming the coding is done:

1. What will happen if I just fit RCA plugs onto the end of the speaker wires and connect them to A.N.Other amp?
2. What would happen if I get something like the Autoleads PC1-601 Line Output Convertor which grounds the signal and connect that?


3. Do I need to suck up the cost and either buy the expensive amp, or buy a DSP and forget the HiFi coding?

Just how many Yorkshire sheep can you fit inside one exhaust?

Last edited by parapaul; 10-06-2012 at 05:03 AM.