View Single Post
      10-06-2012, 08:35 AM   #3
Major General
makkan00's Avatar
United Kingdom

Drives: F10 Sold
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Essex

iTrader: (55)

See my response in bold.

Originally Posted by parapaul View Post

1. What will happen if I just fit RCA plugs onto the end of the speaker wires and connect them to A.N.Other amp?

You will get plenty of noise from the system output and on higher volumes the sound will be distorted.

2. What would happen if I get something like the Autoleads PC1-601 Line Output Convertor which grounds the signal and connect that?

Same response as for number 1

3. Do I need to suck up the cost and either buy the expensive amp, or buy a DSP and forget the HiFi coding?

DSP: waste of money in my opinion.
Hi-Fi coding: best bet for your money if you don't want DSP and want to start with clean base HU.

You do not need expensive amp (which accepts differential input). You would require something (LOC) which can convert differential signals into normal signals ---> Normal amp.

Wait for Mr. Singh to chime in and he may help you better TBH to find LOC which can convert differential balance signals to normal signals.