10-06-2012, 10:15 PM   #1
wrestleSBA
Private
Rep

Drives: 325i

Heated Seats Turning Off Right After Turning On

All,

I could definitely use a little help.

I have a 2006 325i with heated seats. Going to crack 200k miles in the next day or so.

Tonight while driving along my wife attempted to turn on the heated seat on the passenger side and we experienced a little problem. The heated seat lights turn on and withing 5-10 seconds turn back off. I am going to check all fuses associated with the heated seats but haven't gotten to it yet. This was the first time in several months that the heated seats would have been turned on.

I am not sure if it is related but two nights previously I ran into another electrical issue. I had been using the cigarette lighter socket to run an air compressor as I added air to tires (maybe about 10 minutes). When I got in to the car to drive it the car would not start. It attempted to turn and then seemed to have electrical issues and the shut down. I attempted to start the vehicle approximately 5 times with the same symptoms. After a few minute break I attempted to start the car again and it cranked. I drove the car for about 10 miles and have experienced on issues since then.

Any help or advice is appreciated.

By searching I found a few other people who have reported similar issues but nobody that has posted a resolution.

Thanks in advance.