View Single Post
      10-08-2012, 12:57 PM   #30
The English Guy
The English Guy's Avatar

Drives: F80 MW M3 / Cohiba
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: France

iTrader: (0)

Thanks for the answer. I like this kind of info

Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Attachment 761829

Yes, you can request certain letter and number combinations AFTER the city code. BA = Bamberg. (HH = Hamburg, and so on...) So, you would always have to have a BA but the rest is up to you IF that combination is "free" or available at the German DMV (Kfz-Zulassungsstelle).

Red tags are dealer tags over here (in above pic)

Attachment 761823

Attachment 761824

And the "H" at the end of the tag, stands for "Historic". Cars with and H, are exempt from emissions testing and have to be at least 25 years old. They can also be driven into inner cities that are part of the "Umweltzone" system.

In most large cities in Germany only (new) cars which have a green "badge" are allowed to be driven into "smog" pollution areas. First they allowed all cars, now only cars with a green decal (1993 M.Y. (cars with cats) and up for gasoline powered cars and 2004-ish for diesel powered cars (with DPF, diesel particle filters)) may drive in the green areas.