Captain

Drives: '08 E92 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by malter2.0 View Post
$1900+800=$2700
now add bushings too
that rounds off to $3k or more depending on labor rates quoted.
Oh I see. Now you've backpedaled off of your "$3k installed" for the diff, and then $2500++!!!! for the bushings. Glad to hear it!

Quote:
certainly. if you don't see time as money you can also DIY the diff as well...and clutch..and engine rebuild and...
DIY'ing the diff is possible, but not that easy. People on the forums here have done it. I'm going to have a shop do it.

But the 3-4 hours installing coilovers is going to take? It's a simple unbolt/rebolt job. Any monkey could do it. And on top of that, if you plan on tracking your car, having intimate familiarity with the suspension and how everything goes together will benefit you tremendously down the line.

Quote:
bolt on or not you still have to pay for them and install them.
The M3 arms cost $370 from ECS. And they install in literally 1 hour with like 2 wrenches.

Quote:
It's called labor. I am including it with all my numbers.
Cool, just so you realize we are installing better-than M3 components in most of these exercises.

Quote:
Yes, you do if you plan on passing inspection (also smog in CA).
You're clueless. The tunes set the car ready for OBD diag, so there's no need for O2 simulators to pass inspection.

Quote:
335is aux radiator with power kit software. Reading is fundamental. I'll keep on saying whatever I want until you turn blue from gasping.
Go ahead and keep saying incorrect things. That radiator does not help the 335i problem which is oil cooling. AT cars overheat pretty badly water and oil, but I have a MT. I don't know what the AT guys can do. Thats probably a lost cause.

Quote:
I can't go into details, but start here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brake

M3 has better brakes than 335. Not sure what you are arguing here?
The M3 does have better brakes than the 335. And both are adequate with track pads and good rotors. Both are one-piston sliding calipers though, so both need the same kind of BBK. It's like saying one person has a little less poop on his face than the other. They are both covered in poop.

Quote:
much more support. did you ever sit in M3? i almost sold 335 for this reason alone when i bought it 2 years ago.
You're entitled to your opinion. The M3 seats may well be more supportive. The 335i seats are serviceable though until I decide it needs real seats. I don't see the seats as a big problem. Maybe you need to lose weight.

Quote:
I drive a 335i if you forgot. There is a reason why M3 carries $20k premium. I am trying to point you out SOME of the differences.
Which you're trying to sell/trade for an M3, as noted in your sig. You've "seen the light" as it were. M > ALL!

Quote:
C5 is better car than E46 M3. Got it. Go buy one and enjoy it. What else you want me to tell you? That it has no feel, archaic suspension, horrid seats, interior, exterior, safety, rigidity...etc etc etc etc...
Yea that double wishbone at both ends is archaic. And the Mcpherson struts BMW's run with is top-notch.

You seem obsessed with seats. You realize Recaro and Sparco are still in business right?

The rest is just nonsense. The C5 is a faster car on the track than the E46, no question about it. You should visit a racetrack sometime and learn.

Quote:
You are quite obviousy new here. It shows well.
The difference is, I may be new, but I'm going to learn what works and what doesn't, and give good advice that will help other new people learn what works and what doesn't. You're just restating incorrect opinions and passing them off as facts. There's an M3 board for people who want to discuss M3's. Scamper off now, adults are talking.

Last edited by DallasBoosted; 10-10-2012 at 09:28 AM.