View Single Post
      10-11-2012, 07:54 AM   #15
myzmak
Advocatus Douchebagus

Drives: 2009 328xi; 2013 E350 Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaTheCat View Post
Here is my Canadian experience. Took my 335i rwd to Costco for winter tyres. Insisted on Bridgestone, because they were running promotions and the price was low by comparison. However the technician insisted on finding a better alternative. And then I was home for another round of searching homework. Finally landedyself a set of alpin PA3, superb performance. Was back and forth from Vancouver to whistler, even during the Christmas season, the little bummer shines! I could be biased on my limited experience, for many choose Bridgestone, I understand for its mass production and therefore competitive price. However, the European companies just know how to live with the days that need to be spent on the Alps in a sports car! Also, The new PA4 is out so you might be lucky to find a closeout deal for PA3. Good luck!
I almost made a bunch of jokes about "Canadian experience" and "Vancouver" (uhhh....that isn't really winter dudes....) but you saved it with Whistler.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback.

I'm probably 50-50 between the Michelins and the Pirellis....

(and as this thread goes on, we again got a bit of overnight snow....which will all melt in about 2 hours but still....guess i'll have to make a decision sooner or later here)
myzmak is offline   Canada