The new G5 has everything the G4 has in addition to:
1) A revised boost control system allowing both isolated or integrated control with no hardware PWM/duty cycle limits, etc. PWM limiting is all software/firmware based.
2) Built in crank position offset (CPS) and speed limit defeat (SLD) through additional wires that can be connected to the DB9 connector w/ the BMS USB cable.
3) An extra high current output that can be used to power a 2STEP relay, nitrous relay, etc.
4) 1.8k O2 biasing resistors instead of 2.7k biasing resistors allowing a wider range of AFR adjustment.
5) Some additional analog and digital I/O for future expansion.
JB4 PnP G5 - $529.00 On Sale for $479.00
There is a G5 option in the product options, so make sure to specify G5 board when ordering if you want the upgrade. There is no additional charge for a G5 board versus the G4 board, but the G5 board is meant for FBO cars or those with upgraded turbos. Regular tune only or very lightly modded cars will not see any advantage with the G5 versus the G4.
• 2006-2010 E90 Sedan 335i / 335xi
• 2006-2010 E91 Touring 335i / 335xi
• 2006-2010 E92 Coupe 335i / 335xi
• 2007-2010 E93 Convertible 335i / 335xi
• 2008-2010 E60 Sedan 535i / 535 xi
• 2008-2010 E61 Touring 535i / 535 xi
• 2008-2010 E82 Coupe 135i
• 2011+ 335is
• 2008-2010 E88 Convertible 135i
• 2008-2010 BMW X6 xDrive35i
• 2009+ BMW Z4 sDrive35i
• 2011+ 1M
• Fully compatible with DCT transmissions!