3002 tii
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: flat out

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ421 View Post
Brey Krause is making an awesome looking bar for the E92, I am just waiting for it to be finished. I am getting a HANS device along with it .
CJ, I'd really recommend researching pros and cons of running harness bar only. I have no doubt BK makes a quality bar but the question is regardless of manufacturer, how safe is running just a bar alone? Having been down this route myself recently, a lot of experts will tell you harness bar w/o roll bar is really dangerous and some instructors/club will refuse to get in the car or even pass the tech. The danger with running JUST a harness bar is that during a roll over, the harness bar will cause an submarining effect preventing you from moving forward and you may potentially get crushed by the roof. You should talk to the guys at VAC, I'm sure they will steer you in the right way.

See my thread here:

http://www.nasaforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=65422

On another topic your car looks so good man! Wonder how much you saved by taking out the rear seat. You should have no problem hitting high 1 "teens" at Lightning! =D

Recaro | Volk | AST | Vorshlag | Quaife | Stoptech | Supersprint | AA | BMW Performance

Click here for my track videos