View Single Post
      10-18-2012, 10:54 AM   #1089
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

Drives: 2014 435I M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrngway View Post
Once you have the tool, you should be able to switch from OEM to AA tune whenever you want. Keep in mind the process can take around 45 minutes....longer or shorter than that depending on your model year. So it's not something you'll want to do all the time.

It's also recommended you have a battery charger hooked up at the time. I'd guess that bad things can happen if the battery goes dead during the process. So, get a battery charger too and make sure you turn off as many accessories as possible during a program.

I bought a Simon primarily as insurance against a dealer overwriting the tune. I can't imagine dealers check that for most warranty issues. It's also insurance in case I or someone else accidently put 87 octane in the tank.

One other nice thing is that you can revert to OEM prior to selling the car if that person isn't an enthusiast.

One other thing to note is that once you use the device, it'll be locked to your VIN. So it can't be used on any other car.
100% correct.

Keep in mind our tune when installed will show the same software version as it did before meaning its basically invisible.