lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i, E70 X5

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle1oh7 View Post
See, here's the thing, she didn't have a license right away after she got her visa so I'd already been talking to the Mistubishi dealer in Concord and I drove it around and I made the mistake of not thinking for myself(not the selfish manner). She rode in it and she like it, it had enough functionality for her just by observing. We had planned on wiping out a portion of my savings and she was bringing her money that she's had since she was a pharmacist in Japan. We wanted absolutely no payments to make on her car since my $650 for my car is more than enough.

So she liked the Outlander GT, but as I drove it and then eventually the costs of the maintenance for very frequent oil changes started pissing me off, even if they were cheap, just the time needed to take the day off to go do it rather than being at home chugging beer, playing Xbox or going somewhere with my family. The thing that pisses me off the most(besides lack of torque) is the touch screen Nav, it sucks and even some of its functionality isn't as good as the iDrive in mine. With military and customer loyalty I should be able to get good rebates besides the other stuff that they offer at Concord BMW. I got 4500 miles to go before my next service period so I'm gonna see if I can take her and while we wait just ask to test drive one.
its ok, i had the same situation with the 4runner v8 limited just traded-in. it had everything we needed, but after wife sat in the X5, she had to admit it is much nicer and i just did the rest of my job to make it happened and sat in the garage =)

dont wait for the next service, there's always other excuses to take her to the dealership

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Truong View Post
Nice! She's going to come back from work and see you wrenching away at the X5! "Honey, it's not what it looks like!" haha. Maybe, when I'm in the area we should all kick it! I've been meaning to make a trip out to you guys!
just installed some DTEC H8 i got from Derrick
n surprisingly she asked me to throw in some white license plate LED to it so it is bright like those 18-led i have in my e90. she said the backup camera was too dark at night so she wants some brighter led to lite up the road a little better to see from the camera she didnt know how the hell i already ordered n will be here monday!!! LOL
Appreciate 0