View Single Post
      10-22-2012, 02:00 PM   #34
jb84
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: 2006 BMW E90 325i SE

Spacers successfully fitted. Haven't bothered with photos as they don't show an appreciable difference, however it does look considerably better to the naked eye.

The 15mm on the fronts fit fine. Wouldn't go any bigger but there's no rubbing at all and I can get an index finger between the tyre and plastic at the closest point of the turn. If I'm being picky, the 15's make the front look a touch wide maybe, but better than tucked away. Any how, it's massively improved the look and I love it! What an easy mod.

I'm fairly sure there are no ill effects from the spacers (driven 230 miles on them now). I'm sure there is an element of the placebo effect - when I think I hear some vibrating or rubbing, I'm pretty sure it's in my head! Had to retighten the front wheel bolts after the first few miles but they seem to hold nicely now (have checked a couple of times since). All torqued up to 120Nm. Seems to be no vibrating at any speeds at all. The only difference, is I think the steering has got heavier. Would that make sense? Increased moment would increase the weight on the steering wheel maybe?

Next mods - muffler delete and boot lip spoiler.