View Single Post
      10-23-2012, 02:25 PM   #4
jck996
New Member
United_States
0

 
Drives: '11 328i xDrive, '98 M3/4/5
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Chicago


Posts: 15
iTrader: (0)

I applied the tape about 3 mm away from the edge of the inside of the splitters, all along the top and sides. I also added two strips along the inside line that bisects the side of the splitter (the part that flares out a bit to match the contour of the side of the bumper cover). Before I did that, where there were a couple spots that didn't feel completely smooth, I sanded a bit and cleaned the inside with an alcohol swab before attaching the tape. I didn't tape the bottom of the splitters, as it's held in place by the screws. I then duct taped the splitters to the front bumper cover, and let them sit in the sun for 2 days. They're not coming off. I didn't want to use betalink to make sure I could get these off later on. No issues with the tape causing gaps between the splitter and bumper cover -- very nice fit.