VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 14' GMC Terrain SLT-2

Garage List
007 335i E92  [3.83]
Send a message via Skype™ to VNeBLOB42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Centex Hokie View Post
I've been running logs on my automatic and decided to add two (2) items to the log (gear and speed). After putting in my FMIC I went out to do some logs with Stage 1+FMIC to make sure there were no codes. I put the car in DS and shift to M3, hold the car steady at 2,500 rpm, and then hit WOT. All of the logs show that the car shifts down to M2 before I shift it at 6,500 or so and then go through M3 to 6,500 or so and onto M4. My question is how do you keep the car from shifting down to M2 when you go WOT? Is there a setting I need to change?

Thanks.
You can feel the kickdown button when you go WOT, it is very tough to not hit it and my best was WOT at 3700 RPM, in fear of hitting the kickdown.

So I did some searching and came up with this solution. It is still temporary as I have not made it fixed. Still figuring if I want this fixed or a Velcro solution to take it on and off.

here was my solution, completely free Essentially, the spacer prevents from hitting the kickdown. the best way is to get something about 1/4" - 5/16" spacer. Plug in the COBB and have it connected to the car. You will need the car on the on position but not started. Display on the COBB screen APP Accelerated Pedal Position. Place the spacer where I have it, and with your hand, push the pedal all the way down to the spacer. Ensure your APP is at 100% with a little force to ensure you are down all the way. Then of course test it out, put in the M3, step on it and ensure your APP is at 100% and you didn't get the kick down. you are all set. See link below for the kickdown thread. some people on there have made some great fixed solutions.

here was my inspiration:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598090

SOLD:: PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / CPE DCI

Last edited by VNeBLOB42; 10-24-2012 at 11:00 AM.
VNeBLOB42 is offline   United_States