View Single Post
      10-26-2012, 05:54 PM   #1
KaiserN54
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 335I

Exclamation Can some one please look at these logs? Want to be sure I'm not missing something.

data_file1 - Copy.txt

Okay, so I've made a few threads complaining of turbo whine. I was also having some intermittent issues with performance, that most attributed to fueling issues. So I contacted Shiv about that (since I am running flex-fuel). He had me reset adaptations and advised me to stay on map 3 no matter what. Things seemed to improve somewhat, but the car still basically falls flat every once in a while. Basically, I shift into a given gear and give it gas...and nothing happens. During the laggy part, I can
hear what sounds like building air pressure and a very faint squeak, Then boom, the power comes on, but it is grainy at that point.

I even went as far as re-installing the firmware and flex-fuel map. Same problems.

I did some post re-install/ re-adaptation logs and sent them to Shiv. His reply:

Yes, something is going on with boost. Either you have a leak or one of your wastegates is sticking open causing slow/erratic boost build up. It's fairly obvious when you compare boost control setpoint (target) to actual boost. One thing you can try is to adjust your wastegate position with the procede user adjustable menu. If it's a binding wg, this may or may not work but it's worth a try. What is it set to now?

Of course, it may be a bad turbo (or a leak) as they would both cause similar sounding noises under load.

Well, the turbos have about 3000 miles on them, and I haven't played with the WG settings. So I don't think thats it.

I also don't think its a boost leak because (1) No codes to that effect and (2) I had a garage check for leaks and they didn't find anything.

In addition to new turbos, the car also has new boost solenoids, new injectors, and a new lpfp. So unless it truly is an errant WG, I probably need new turbos. Here is a recent log I did demonstrating the issue:

Name:  turbotrouble.png
Views: 1282
Size:  178.6 KB

Name:  troubleshooting.png
Views: 575
Size:  187.9 KB

Last edited by KaiserN54; 11-03-2012 at 10:39 PM..
Appreciate 0