Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: 2006 330xi Titanium Silver

Garage List
2006 330xi  [5.00]
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiddleAgedAl View Post
Not sure Hate is the right word, it's really more like FEAR.

You dislike Romney based upon conjecture and speculation, because (unless you have a time machine), you do not know what he will do if elected. You can listen to what he says, or compare that to what he did as Gov of Mass, or running the Olympics, which are all reasonable aids to assist in the guessing, but still, not one person on this planet can know with certainty what he will actually do if he ends up in the White House.

My fear of Obama's policies is not based upon speculation, it's based upon irrefutable historical fact. We dont need to guess how effective he might be if he has a house majority or not, we've seen it firsthand. We dont have to wonder or guess if he might squander a house majority, and then continue to fumble the economic football so badly that he becomes the first president in history to suffer the indignity of a credit downgrade on his watch. No uncertainty there, these events are all matter of public record. I guess if folks want four more years of that, then voting Obama is the right choice for them. If you dont like that, then yes, maybe Romney is good enough for you.

Many times in history, a presidential candidate has stated a more hardcore platform to placate the party fundamentalists and win the nomination, only to drift towards the center as the date approaches in an effort to snare some moderate undecideds. Both Democrats and Republicans in the past have done that over and over. And yet, over and over, people have not called those candidates to be without core convictions, they can see what is happening there.

Perhaps one could argue that this time it is a bit more pronounced because the tea party faction is arguably more extreme/fundamentalist than what you might normally see within a party, and they hold a lot of clout, so nobody who consisently presented a moderate platform would have a snowballs chance in hell of winning the nomination. It's worth noting they have risen to such prominence and power on Barry's watch, I'm not sure that's a coincidence. For someone who was supposed to unite the country, it seems to be a lot more divided now than it's been in a LONG time. Once again, if you want even more of that, history suggests that Barry's your guy all right.
Personally I just don't subscribe to the politics of fear. I refuse to vote for anyone or anything based on fear. I have a more affirmative view of politics. Nothing I have seen in American politics in my lifetime leads me to believe that one president has the power to destroy this country even if he wanted to. I've seen presidents disgraced, impeached and forced to resign. This tells me the citizens of this nation won't stand by and allow one president to take the country down.

I agree that this president has a record. Obviously we disagree about whether it's a good record or not. I happen to think the president has a good record he can be proud of and I believe we should stay the course. Your interpretation of the reason for the credit downgrade is definitely different than mine. If anybody fumbled the ball it was the Tea Party congress holding John Boehner's feet to the fire, not allowing him to negotiate with the president and playing chicken with the whole US economy. It was a shameful spectacle designed to force the president's hand without regard to the consequences. Everyone paid a price for it.

In summary it's hard for any president to bring unity when the representatives of half of those you seek to to unite meet behind closed doors on the day of your election and make a tactical decision to oppose everything you do and to distort your record and everything you stand for.
330xi/TiAg/Black/Alum/6sp/ZPP/ZSP/Nav/CA/CW/PDC/Sirius Satellite Radio/OEM Spoiler/Blacklines/19" Axis Hiro Hyper Silver/Toyo Proxes 4 Ultra High Performance all season F 235/35/19 R 265/30/19/10mm spacers F/15mm spacers R/M3 front bumber/M-tech rear bumper