Bought 3 more quarts from the dealer @$30/qt OUCH. Did not want to mail order then have to pay return shipping, so it is about the same in my case.
Anyways, I was still low, the car was not tilted up in the rear but down compared with the front. So I warmed up the trans again, then I re-leveled the car perfectly with a jack and checked with a good level.
I got in another 1.3 qts, so in all after the drain and flush, it took me ~7.3 qts to do the job. So now I am paranoid I was driving it around too long ~1.3 qts low.
But like others quoting exmaxima1 in this thread
1. The 2-3 shift in Normal mode is MUCH smoother
2. The 1-2 shift in Sport mode is firm but "civilized"
3. The higher gear lockups seems firmer and better connected---less slipping.
4. The Sport mode downshifts are much better as well. It doesn't feel like it's trying to throw me thru the windshield when coming to a stop.
5. Full throttle gear changes in both modes seem solid and tight.
Thanks guys for your help!
Now to return as much stuff I bought for this service that I did not use back to the dealer/stores!
Current: 08 M3/4/6MT, Jerez/Black Novillo, CF, Premium, CA Winter, Tech, EDC, 19's
07 X5 Black Sapphire/Black Nevada Leather/Burl Walnut Premium, Sport, Adaptive, Active Steering, Nav, Comfort Access, Cold Weather I/II, CD Changer, Adaptive Xenons, Style 211s