11-05-2012, 06:54 PM   #302
Mr Tonka
Tonka.... Mr. Tonka
United_States
Rep

Drives: Exceptionally well :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheherazade View Post
The state government charges the state to maintain services that it provides for the state.
They are available to you whenever you need them.
If you don't pay, you get the stick.

You also don't get anything from the insurance company unless you need their help.
But you're still paying all the time.
You pay for 'availability' of service, not service.
And if you don't pay, you get booted off.

So long as you're a citizen of the state, you have this state government service availability, and you're expected to pay your rightful share.
You can always relinquish your citizenship, ssn, etc, and not pay for welfare.

Life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness applies to women too.
You don't get to take another person's freedom to make them work for you.
That's big government if there ever was any, and it's the government getting into personal/family matters.
Conservatives are against big government, and government running your personal life.

People are complex machines.
They take time to build.
You don't have a person because you started making one.
You simply have a person in progress.

Some people say there's 'potential' there that needs to be preserved.
But I say that I had the 'potential' to be an astronaut.
My obituary isn't gonna say that "we lost an astronaut", it's gonna say "some a-hole died".
Coulda, Shoulda, Woulda ... doesn't matter what you could have done.

Life at conception is a religious view, stemming from a canonical need to multiply, and the concept of a soul.
It's not a "conservative" value.

Liberals tend to favor the rights of the living over the rights of the yet to be around. Go figure.

Personally, to me, life is intelligence.

As a species, we as a group have differentiated ourselves from other "animals" by our judgment that our "intelligence" is above some threshold.
Personally, I don't see a 'glob' in someone's stomach as intelligent, so to me, it's not a person - yet.

I prefer to focus on the intelligent 'person' that's alive, and fully conscious of her state of being in society, and the world in general. Someone who will know that they are being oppressed, and will have to go through the mental torment of having her liberty taken away.
I wouldn't sacrifice a 'persons' freedom, liberty, and pursuit of happiness, and turn her into a state controlled incubator - for the mere satisfaction of other 'persons' [who have no domain in the matter to begin with].

-scheherazade
At 18 days [when the mother is only four days late for her first menstrual period], is when the fetus' heart starts beating and by 21 days it is pumping, through a closed circulatory system, blood whose type is different from that of the mother. J.M. Tanner, G. R. Taylor, and the Editors of Time-Life Books, Growth, New York: Life Science Library, 1965, p.

Tell these intelligent people that there are contraceptives available to them should they not wish to procreate.

"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." — Frédéric Bastiat