Originally Posted by driverman
My wife has an 09 Civic with a 4 speed auto and I have an 08 328i with a 6 speed manual and ZSP. I've driven both cars regularly for 3 1/2 years.
The biggest differences I've noticed are:
- Noise: BMW is much quieter
- Weight: BMW feels heavier
- Luxury:, more powerful and more luxurious.
- Civic rides better.
- BMW gets 25 mpg, Civic gets 30-33.
- Civic feels bigger and there's more light inside.
- BMW handles better but the Civic handles pretty well for an economy car.
- BMW makes much better sounds.
Is the BMW worth twice as much to buy and maintain?
exactly. We all didn't get to the point we could afford a BMW by throwing money away