View Single Post
      11-08-2012, 12:19 PM   #1
olegmukhanov
Private

Drives: 2006 335i E92 Coupe

Need help - refused approved warranty for 335i as apparently was chipped

Dear forum,

About 6 months ago I bought a lovely low mileage 335i SE auto as an Approved Used from a dealer. It is a low mileage car and had no problems with the exception of occasional hard auto shifting into the 3rd.

Anyway it didn't bother me too much so I asked BMW to look into that only at my annual service today - they confirmed that there is a problem but refused to do the warranty repair as apparently there is / was a chip installed. One thing I know for sure is that I didn't pay an extra for the approved warranty to install a chip and lose it.

Therefore the question is - could it be that during the approved used preparation BMW didn't notice that there is / was a chip (it is a clean low mileage car with 1 previous owner so I could see that happening) and only discovered that during the in-depth diagnostics in connection with my gearbox problem? Or could that just be an excuse not to provide the service? (guess warranty fix of an auto gearbox on a 56 reg 335i is not very economical)

I just want to get this problem fixed instead of finding who has done that as honestly couldn't care less.

Therefore dear forum members have you been in a similar situation and whether the above could be the case?

Thank you,
Oleg