Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: '08 E90 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [3.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tphss View Post
Thanks benzy, going to order a COBB today hopefully.

I just remembered Dinan told me before the n55 stage2 software was installed, that their software also increases the water pump RPM to circulate more fluid and provide better cooling. Does the COBB AP also do that?
And is the M-Sport intercooler the same intercooler of a regular 335i?
Welcome to the Club, you def won't be disappointed with how much the COBB tune wakes up the N54. Def poke your head into the Official COBB Thread & don't be afraid to PM any of the more vocal COBB users on here. AFAIK, the COBB tune won't alter the water pump/cooling cycles unless it's as a safety precaution. EX: On the JB4 there's a "Max Cool" option that turns on the Radiator Fan before it would normally get triggered, COBB doesn't have any features like that. With COBB, the fan (or water pump RPM increase) will only occur on if the OEM DME would've requested it.

It sounds like you're looking to go Tune, Intake & FMIC for Stage 1+ (?). The OEM FMIC is the same on every car, from the non-M sport 335s to the 335is. If you're planning on adding Meth, I'd recommend a traditional 5" FMIC (AA, ETS or ER) because you want to avoid pressure drops with an FMIC. IF you're not going to use Meth, I'd recommend the Helix FMIC (#1 IMHO, also has lots of supporting data to back that claim).

Regardless, any FMIC will be a significant upgrade over the OEM IC. Intakes, save your money and buy the BMS DCI. If you want something that looks a little better in the engine bay, go with the aFe DCIs or Injen DCI.