11-10-2012, 06:02 PM   #6
Eric335
Colonel

Drives: 2007 E92 SG 335i 6MT

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [3.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335rocks View Post
Correct, but worth plugging it back in again if you are chasing codes. Running with the actuator plug unplugged will overwrite any of the 10 code history in no time. All good if that's what you need before a dealer visit , but a pain if you can't pull over immediately to check the code. Typically any codes raised would be overwritten within 10-15miles if this is unplugged.
Thanks for the reply! Is there a way to keep the exhaust flap open with the actuator plug plugged in?

Quote:
From searching on the code there seems to be a number of vague suggestions to anything from water pump, thermostat to a software version issue.

Does the 2F0D code always happen when you start the car or intermittently?
The last 3 or 4 times ive datalogged my start-up, it has always happened.

Quote:
From looking at other reports on this the freeze frame does indicate some kind of flap, but AFAIK the radiator doesn't have any flaps? Is you car an Efficient Dynamics (ED) model and if so does the 335 ED have flaps on the front vent/grille like on some of the never models? That's the only flaps I can think of in relation to the radiator.
I do not have the ED model.

Quote:

Does the radiator fan come on when the engine is up to temp?
I do not think it does....? Or at least i do not notice it. I might record one of my cold-starts and post it up for ya.

Quote:

Is the freeze frame data always the same percentage?
e.g.
pulse-duty factor vent flap 30.08 %

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234745

If you are looking to dealer it for the HPFP then it's worth getting them to have a look at this as well.
Im not sure how to check the pulse-duty actuator flap. I got the code from the DME Code datalog channel. Im very new to the Procede and tuning as a whole

As far as the HPFP, could this be related to it?